ASP.NET Core won't run in IIS after upgrade to v1.1

asp.net asp.net-core c# entity-framework-core iis

Question

I've upgraded my project.json to use the new v1.1 of asp.net core and now when I try to start IIS Express to debug, I get the following errors:

The program '[8784] dotnet.exe' has exited with code -2147450749 (0x80008083).

The program '[7352] iisexpress.exe' has exited with code 0 (0x0).

My upgraded project.json:

"dependencies": {
    "Microsoft.NETCore.App": {
      "version": "1.1.0",
      "type": "platform"
    },
    "Microsoft.ApplicationInsights.AspNetCore": "1.0.0",
    "Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc": "1.1.0",
    "Microsoft.AspNetCore.Routing": "1.1.0",
    "Microsoft.AspNetCore.Server.IISIntegration": "1.1.0",
    "Microsoft.AspNetCore.Server.Kestrel": "1.1.0",
    "Microsoft.Extensions.Configuration.EnvironmentVariables": "1.1.0",
    "Microsoft.Extensions.Configuration.FileExtensions": "1.1.0",
    "Microsoft.Extensions.Configuration.Json": "1.1.0",
    "Microsoft.Extensions.Logging": "1.1.0",
    "Microsoft.Extensions.Logging.Console": "1.1.0",
    "Microsoft.Extensions.Logging.Debug": "1.1.0",
    "Microsoft.Extensions.Options.ConfigurationExtensions": "1.1.0",
    "Microsoft.IdentityModel.Tokens": "5.1.0",
    "Microsoft.AspNetCore.Authentication": "1.1.0",
    "Microsoft.AspNetCore.Authentication.JwtBearer": "1.1.0",
    "Microsoft.AspNetCore.Authentication.Cookies": "1.1.0",
    "Microsoft.AspNetCore.Identity.EntityFrameworkCore": "1.1.0",
    "Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore": "1.1.0",
    "Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.Tools": "1.0.0-preview2-final",
    "SapientGuardian.EntityFrameworkCore.MySql": "7.1.10",
    "AutoMapper": "5.1.1"
  },

  "tools": {
    "Microsoft.AspNetCore.Server.IISIntegration.Tools": "1.0.0-preview4-final"
  },

  "frameworks": {
    "netcoreapp1.1": {
      "imports": [
        "dotnet5.6",
        "portable-net45+win8"
      ]
    }
  },

Maybe I am missing something in my project.json needed for the upgrade? Or one of the packages is not cooperating with v1.1? Any help is appreciated.

NOTE: When I change back to 1.0 everything runs fine.

1
5
11/17/2016 7:32:21 PM

Accepted Answer

With the help of HenkMollema's comments and our friends at the Core team I was able to get this resolved. Please see this github issue for the answer.

The key was updating all of the packages as suggested to reference 1.1.0, or their appropriate updated package version for 1.1.0. The table in the github link above lists the proper references for all packages that were updated in the v1.1 release.

I also installed the v1.1 SDK and Runtime available here.

10
1/10/2017 1:46:15 PM


Related Questions





Related

Licensed under: CC-BY-SA with attribution
Not affiliated with Stack Overflow
Licensed under: CC-BY-SA with attribution
Not affiliated with Stack Overflow